Monday, January 16, 2012

If the shoe fits...

It becomes more and more clear that the C word really does apply,
Cult.
This word is  offensive,  humiliating, ugly.
 It implies victimization and mind control.
But I thought I had a revelation to share with everyone else.
And there were signs and wonders to confirm it....

How in the world, was I sucked in? I read the Word, I'm college educated...
But it is pride and naivete to underestimate the weaknesses and needs in our own hearts
AND the wiles of our spiritual enemy.

I came to UBM with a lot of brokenness and need. Not spiritual brokenness, which is good, but
emotional brokenness, which not healed by Jesus Christ, is an open wound...that can fester.

When you are isolated...rejected....abused.....neglected....there is a great great need for connection.

Which is why the Word says "Guard your hearts." GUARD THEM. As in- heavy duty security system.:)

I don't think this means to be fearful, paranoid, or closed off to relationships but rather to be extremely cautious and discerning about WHO AND WHAT YOU GIVE YOUR HEART TO.

Jesus wants our heart. And we don't need to give our heart to a ministry, or a teacher, as an intermediary.
Even a teacher, who is teaching us to not give our heart to man or a ministry.


Did you know that multitudes of cults start out with some good understanding, intentions and revelation?
But so often they go astray.

 Hundreds, or even thousands of them have. 

Are you standing on the rock of Jesus Christ?
Or does something else have your heart?

Are you isolated?
Do you long for fellowship? Or are you satisfied with the fellowship of Jesus Christ?

I believe unsatisfied longings...of any stripe can be exploited.

Delight yourself IN THE LORD and HE will give you the desires of your heart.

I desired fellowship, companionship, company, and camaraderie.
I was also looking for identity. Who was I? I was outside the camp...in the wilderness...and I was lonely there.

So I became one of those who gave my gold ( sacrifice) to build a golden calf ( a religious structure I could see/touch) instead of being as Joshua to go up the mountain and commune with the Father.
(Wow this is coming to me as I write it- Thank you Lord!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments using abusive language will be deleted. Dialogue and opposing views are welcome.