Monday, September 19, 2011

Eve wanted forbidden knowledge and power...what lured you in?

All idolatry has some lure...or benefit to our flesh. We want, like, or lust something in addition to Jesus Christ.

For many UBMers it was loneliness and the normal desire to fellowship with likeminded believers. It is a lonely, misunderstood road, separating yourself from an apostate church system. Church goers see you as rebellious and worldly people can't relate either.

Some were snagged by spiritual pride. The glorious revelations, dreams, and hearing from God...puffed us up. How could we be wrong....when we had learned so much.

Many had struggles with legalism and had not yet entered into a revelation of grace.

Some enjoyed the feeling of being in an elite spiritual group. " Most of the church is the harlot...but we have come out. We are the remnent...the first fruits...the manchild who is to LEAD the rest of the church."

Many came in through the door of paranoia, fear of the end times, and a desire for a refuge.

Others prayed...Lord show me the truth....and "God led them to  UBM." However, if we are praying to God with an idol in our heart...he will answer us according to that idol.

“Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: Repent and turn away from your idols, and turn away your faces from all your abominations. For any one of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who sojourn in Israel, who separates himself from me, taking his idols into his heart and putting the stumbling block of his iniquity before his face, and yet comes to a prophet to consult me through him, I the Lord will answer him myself. And I will set my face against that man; I will make him a sign and a byword and cut him off from the midst of my people, and you shall know that I am the Lord.And if the prophet is deceived and speaks a word, I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. (Ezekiel 14: 6-9)

We had idols in our hearts when we prayed that prayer...we still wanted to be in a church, even as we left the church buildings, the ideas and structure were still in us. We were used to sitting under a man we admired spiritually.

God's people- it's time to repent!


Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (Col 2:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments using abusive language will be deleted. Dialogue and opposing views are welcome.